</head> <body>
-->

12.24.2011

Christmas: it's not the day, it's giving LOVE

PENDA
I would like to make clear what I think Christmas is. Well, it's called Christmas for a reason and not Clausemas or anything of the sort. Second of all, I would like to emphasize that though I don't believe that Jesus Christ was born on December 25 almost 20 decades ago--one of the reasons why is because Jesus was a Jew and Jews have 12/13 months corresponding to the 12.4 month solar cycle. That makes everything confusing because right now we're using the Roman Calendar. Plus if you look it up in the bible (in the gospels of Luke and Matthew), it was night time and the shepherds were still tending their sheep. Now, I know it's uncommon for snow to hit Jerusalem but it would still be very cold for them to be tending their sheep.


But if you actually stop and think, well isn't it amazing that a divine immortal actually came down to this world of sinners to save us all from our doom? He gave us a gift--a gift of salvation and eternal life. I choose to imitate him. I want to give to others just like he gave to me. Although I cannot, by all means, give people eternal life, the Lord has blessed me enough in abling me to give what I have abundantly--love, compassion and hope (for the lost). And don't stone me for wanting to celebrate his gift! And because the Philippines generally have no classes during the Christmas season, it is the perfect opportunity to give.


And since I'm just a poor student who has no income of her own, I decided to MAKE gifts! Like Pop-up cards! Yeah, you can go knitting (but I wont since it's perfectly sunny over here).

No comments:

Post a Comment