</head> <body>
-->

1.28.2012

Book Review: Falling For Hamlet by Michelle Ray


Title: Falling For Hamlet
Series: N/A
Author: Michelle Ray
Genre: YA Fiction, Romance, Retelling
My Rate: 1/5  a waste of my time
Published: October 1, 2011


Meet Ophelia: a blonde, beautiful high-school senior and long-time girlfriend of Prince Hamlet of Denmark. Her life is dominated not only by her boyfriend's fame and his overbearing family, but also by the paparazzi who hound them wherever they go. As the devastatingly handsome Hamlet spirals into madness after the mysterious death of his father, the King, Ophelia rides out his crazy roller coaster life, and lives to tell about it. In live television interviews, of course.

Passion, romance, drama, humor, and tragedy intertwine in this compulsively readable debut novel, told by a strong-willed, modern-day Ophelia. (Goodreads.com)

I wish I had never read this book. I actually expected a great deal out of this modern story-telling of Hamlet. I was pained every time I read this and maybe it's the fact that I am not a fan of the original Hamlet. But yeah, this book is basically Ophelia's modern re-telling but it basically stuck to the original and that for me, is kinda sad (because again, I didn't love the original Hamlet by Shakespeare). Another thing is that it was too hormonal and too dramatic. Way more dramatic than (original) Hamlet had ever been I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment