</head> <body>
-->

1.23.2012

Book Review: So Over You by Gwen Hayes

Title: So Over You
Series: N/A
Author: Gwen Hayes
Genre: YA Fiction, Romance
My Rate: 4/5  cool
Published: April 25, 2005


Layney Logan, girl reporter. That’s all she’s ever wanted to be. The only thing Layney dislikes more than swimming in the high school dating pool is letting her arch-nemesis and co-Chief Editor, Jimmy Foster, get the better of her. So, she’ll take his stupid assignment to go on twelve blind dates and she’ll prove to him she’s twice the reporter he is. Unless she listens to her heart...

Don't judge a book by its cover. I know I did (the cover's not very nice, that I almost didn't read it) but man, was I glad I pressed on.

CHARACTERS || I loved Logan and Foster, 'nuff said. They had a real love-hate relationship. Their bickering and sweetness made my tummy dance every now and then.The supporting characters weren't that bad either. I actually had a thing for Abercrombie model for awhile. But Foster can be really... spontaneous (I guess) but yeah, they can be really REALISTIC.

WRITING || It's gorgeously written. I can't explain enough, you'll just have to read it for yourself! But lemme tell you this: the lines here are witty, and outrageously funny!

OVERALL || Buy it if you're hormonal. Even if you lack the hormones, you'll get them soon enough. In my case, I didn't really like the whole revelation thing. They were too abrupt for me, like they came out of no where. But even so, the whole of the book will make up for that fail and you'll be happy to have read the book (despite reading this negative criticism) anyway. So READ IT, READ IT, READ IT!

I'm putting the synopsis because I want to, haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment